Need more information or have a question?
MATHCOUNTS Trainer Contest
The MATHCOUNTS Trainer Contest will run from August 24, 2019 through April 6, 2020. The contest is open to students enrolled in the Middle School Contest Math class.
Students gain points for every problem answered correctly from August 24, 2019 through 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT April 6, 2020.
- Students earn 100, 200, 300, and 400 points for correctly solving a school, chapter, state, and national level problem, respectively.
- If the same question is answered correctly multiple times, only the first correct answer during the contest will earn full points, and each of the other correct answers will earn 20% of the full points.
- There is no penalty for answering questions incorrectly. Points can only be earned, not lost.
- Students only compete for prizes with those who enrolled in the same AoPS Academy course.
- Ties will be broken based on the dates on which the students achieved the score that the tied students share, with the student who reached the score on the earliest day ranked highest. If two students achieved the same score on the same day, then the student with a higher score on the previous day ranks higher.
Prizes for the top 18 students in each eligible course will be awarded at the Spring Awards Ceremony. Top scorers will be awarded Amazon gift cards in the amounts shown below.
- 1st place: $100
- 2nd place: $75
- 3rd place: $50
- 4th - 8th place: $25
- 9th - 18th place: $10
Students must be enrolled in the corresponding course at AoPS Academy on April 6, 2020, to be eligible for a prize.
Leaderboards (View All Campuses)
Scores were last updated Tuesday, February 25th, 2020 4:00 pm PST
Middle School Contest Math
Showing Top 13 only
|Minghui (Grace) Y||57,400||7|
Highest points earned in a single day
|MS Contest Math|
Most consecutive days earning points:
|MS Contest Math|
2019-12-21 - 2019-12-31
2020-02-03 - 2020-02-11
2019-11-27 - 2019-12-04
2019-10-11 - 2019-10-18